Re-pairing to another Homebase or another channel
It is possible to re-pair the display to another Homebase or another channel of the same Homebase.
Follow the same steps as during the first pairing:
- Set the Homebase into pairing mode by pushing both buttons at the same time. The Homebase stays in pairing mode for one minute.
- Remove the magnetic back of the Portasight and push the inside button for 2 seconds.
New pairing entirely cancels the previous pairing. It is not possible to have the display paired with more Homebases or channels at the same time.
Replacement of the batteries
- Remove the magnetic back of the Portasight and replace two AAA batteries.
- Pairing information stays in the memory during the replacement of the batteries.
Putting the Portasight to sleep
- Remove the magnetic back of the Portasight and push the inside button for 10 seconds.
- The display loses its current connection with the Homebase (by erasing of the pairing number - IDN) and stops showing any values. The display was put in the sleep mode and can be awakened later by the same steps as during the first installation.
What is the estimated battery life for the Portasight usage?
- About 1 year. It needs two AAA batteries.
The display shows „- - -“. What does it mean?
- Radio connection between the display and the Homebase was interrupted for more than 2 minutes. The display will show „- - -“ until the restoration of the connection. You can help the recovery by moving the display closer to the Homebase.
How can I increase the maximum distance between Portasight display and Homebase?
- Don't place Portasight near other transmitters and metal objects.
Is it possible to have the display paired with more Homebases at the same time?
- No, it is not possible. Every re-pairing entirely cancels the previous pairing.
How many Portasights is it possible to pair with one Homebase?
- Theoretically 30, but realistically it is less because each paired display slows down receiving of other sensors for 30ms.
- There is no exact number which can be said as maximum possible. The more displays you have paired with one Homebase, the worse throughput for the devices you have.